Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vegan MoFo - Pistachio Crusted Tofu


I wanted to make something with pistachios for P because I love them & I came up with the idea of pistachio crusted tofu.  I marinated the tofu in a mix of cranberry sauce, apple cider vinegar & olive oil & then topped it with finely chopped pistachios mixed with panko breadcrumbs & then baked it for about 15 minutes.  I really liked the flavour of this, but the topping did not stay on very well.  I served this with the most delicious salad of tomato, roasted red capsicum, avocado & edamame.

3 comments:

  1. I love pistachios too but I hardly ever eat them. You cam up with a great way of using them, looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so delicious! I love the flavor combo of cranberry and pistachios!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I like the sound of chopped pistachios and panko breadcrumbs!

    ReplyDelete