The recipe is this, it did call for an egg wash before baking but I have left that out:
- 1 3/4 cups (255g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 150g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup iced water
- 3/4 cup bottled fruit mince
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Sift together the flour, sugar and cinnamon into a large bowl. Rub in the butter until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in the orange rind. Stir in enough iced water to make a soft dough. Knead dough on a flour surface for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Roll out to 5mm thick. Cut out approximately 18 x 7cm diameter circles, and 18 x 5cm circles, rerolling dough as needed.
- Line patty pan holes using the larger pastry circles. Fill each pastry cup with about 1 tablespoon of fruit mince. Top with smaller pastry circles, pinching circles together to seal the edges.
- Bake pies about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly on wire racks. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
I also decided to make the cookies & cream truffles from Fat Feminist Foodie to go in with a friends christmas present. I dipped mine in Sweet William white chocolate which worked really well. These are crazy easy & delicious, I gave my friend a bag of about 10 & she ate them all straight away!