Sunday, November 7, 2010

Vegan MoFo - French Toast

Is there anything better than french toast for breakfast?  I have tried making a few different french toast recipes in the past & when I was googling recipes for the best french toast I came across a few recipes that featured nutritional yeast which I found odd but I decided to go with it.  Luckily, you can't taste the nutritional yeast in the end result at all as I was not looking forward to cheesy toast!

I used slices of baguette & soaked them in the following mixture:
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1 tbsp plain flour
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • decent shake of cinnamon
They were then pan fried in a frypan just lightly sprayed with some canola oil.  I served these with blueberries & some tofutti cream cheese mixed with maple syrup. 

This is an awesome meal.

3 comments:

  1. I usually use tofu to make my french toast, but I will be trying soy or rice milk instead. Looks delicious with the blueberries and toffuti!

    ROse

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! (And the nooch does sound a bit weird but I'm glad it didn't impart any flavour to the French toast.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I've been making vegan French toast at home lately, too. The nooch is definitely an unexpected addition! I've been using roughly the same amount of chickpea flour instead.

    ReplyDelete