I have lost my mofo mojo a bit this week. Work has been busy, I have been working long hours & it has actually been kind of hard - I have found myself having to think a lot & do a lot of problem solving. So I have really just been coming home & crashing & trying not to do anything involving thinking!
Anyway, I got to leave work an hour early today so thought I would actually make a decent meal for dinner tonight. I saw this recipe today & started reminiscing about okonomiyaki from my pregan days so thought I would give it a go.
This was seriously one of the best meals I have made for ages & it was ridiculously quick & easy, it was ready in about 30 minutes. I halved the recipe & it still made quite a lot for the 2 of us.
This is the recipe with my changes :
- 2 cups plain flour
- 4 eggs lightly beaten (I used 2 tsps egg replacer)
- 300ml water or milk
- 1/2 cup green shallots, sliced (I didn't use because I didn't have any)
- 1 1/2 cups Cabbage, torn into smallish pieces (I used wonga bok)
- 1/3 cup thin carrot batons
- 1/2 cup chicken sliced or prawns or bacon or whatever you have (I had some mock chicken so used that but I didn't even notice it so would leave it out next time)
- Oil for frying
- Mayonnaise (I used the praise vegan mayo)
- Okonomiyaki sauce
I seem to buy enormous wonga boks for one thing & then have to find heaps of different ways to use them so I served this with a salad of wonga bok, carrot, red capsicum & sesame seeds which was tossed in a sesame vinegarette.