Sunday, October 4, 2009

The hangover food of champions


Yesterday was my engagement party. We had it in the afternoon, I spent the morning getting re-blonded by my amazing hairdresser & had to go straight to the pub after. Consequently, given that I spent an afternoon boozing after having only eaten some vegemite toast for breakfast I was extraordinarily hungover today. When I finally felt able to leave the house this afternoon I decided to check out the new Northland Lord of the Fries. It is quite funky & the guy that was working there was super friendly & explained the differences between the menu there & at the city outlets. They even do table service which was nice. Greg had a hotdog which he really liked & I just got nuggets with the aussie sauce, I am keen to go back & check out the chicken burgers but they were sold out. I was pretty empty when we were there but hopefully the store does ok because it is nice to have them over my side of town.

8 comments:

  1. HUGE congratulations. Drinking on an empty(ish) tummy is the worse thing ever. I still do it though! And the next day I CRAVE fried food. It sorts me out in no time.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! :D

    ~ Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh congrats on your engagement!!

    I love Lord of the Fries, and tables to eat at is a big bonus! I've never tried their nuggets, will have to. Mmm. Their fries are the best drunk / hangover food :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had that kinda food available for me today...definitely needed some hangover food :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to hear about you planning a vegan wedding.. I have long thought about making vegan wedding cakes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even think about planning the wedding at the moment - it seems too far away (a year tomorrow!) We are having the wedding in my mum's garden in Mount Dandenong & she makes amazing cakes so she is in charge of the cake & I just have to find an awesome caterer who will help dispel the boring vegan food myth to my omni guests.

    ReplyDelete