Monday, October 12, 2009

Felafels


I have never made my own felafels before but thought I would try them out tonight since I had a bunch of parsley in the fridge which was calling out to be made into tabouli. I used this recipe, but I baked them instead of frying & pressed some sesame seeds into the top before baking. I served them on top of tabouli which I poured a tahini dressing on (just tahini, lemon juice, warm water & garlic). The felafels were ok but I found them quite onion-y & a bit bland. Mixed with the tabouli they were better but, to be perfectly honest, I think I prefer the packet mix that you
can buy! Maybe I just need a better recipe?



And just because she is super cute & the reason that I am vegan, here is a photo of Miss Roxy.

3 comments:

  1. Eek! that recipe is missing fresh parsley!

    I use the Falafel recipe from "Vegan With A Vengeance" and it is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute kitty!

    I agree with Bjorn, you definitely want some fresh parsley in there. I used this felafel recipe a couple of months ago and liked it a lot... not too oniony from memory. (Note that the felafel are vegan but the dressing isn't.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even think about putting parsley in them.

    That recipe looks heaps better & your felafels look great! I am definitely give that a go.

    ReplyDelete