Thursday, October 22, 2009

Eggplant Parma


I usually buy my fruit & vegies from Vic Market before work on Friday mornings so at this time of the week I am trying to use up what I have left. I had an eggplant in the fridge & was trying to work out what to do with it & decided to do eggplant parma - I have never made it before & I loved it!

I sliced the eggplant, dipped it into soymilk mixed with egg replacer & then coated it in panko. I then cooked it in the frypan on a medium heat with a little bit of olive oil. Normally when I make parma type things I top them with pasta sauce but I didn't have any & was feeling lazy so I mixed together tomato paste, tomato sauce & fruit chutney - it did the job but was a bit too sweet. I then topped each piece of eggplant with half a piece of a tofutti cheese slice.

I served these with garlicky broccoli (steamed broccoli tossed in massel chicken stock & garlic) & lemony smashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment