Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Baked potato of deliciousness


Tonight I made baked potatoes for dinner. All day I had been thinking about making a stir fry but at the last minute I decided to change plans & I am glad I did because these were the goods - one of those easy meals that is super tasty. I wrapped some potatoes in foil & put them in the oven until soft, & then topped them with avocado, a kind of chilli con carne (which I made up on the spot with the ingredients I had), corn kernels & cashew sour cream.

The cashew sour cream is from vegan brunch & is really good - it says in the book that it doesn't taste like sour cream & it doesn't but it is really tasty nonetheless.

Kind of chilli con carne

1 onion diced
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 1/2 cups passata
1 tin 4 bean mix
1/2 cup shredded mock chicken (I used a vincents one which has a really nice smoky flavour)
*I also added about 2 tsps of some burrito seasoning that I had in the cupboard, but cumin & paprika would be really nice

Fry onion in olive oil until soft
Add garlic & tomato paste & stir & cook for about another minute
Add seasoning, passata, 4 bean mix & mock chicken, lower heat & leave to cook away slowly while you get everything else ready

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks like a perfect dinner, tasty and good comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd call that a chilli 'non' carne since carne means meat

    ReplyDelete