Monday, August 30, 2010

Where's The Beef Week - Day 1 - Maple Marinated Tofu

I am the sort of person that plans everything & I am pretty organised so now that I am on maternity leave & can't use that at work I have to channel that elsewhere.  At the moment it is mostly going into wedding planning, gym training & meal planning.  For my meal planning, every weekend I sit down & work out all our meals for the week, lunches & dinners, and write up a shopping list & then hit Vic Market, the supermarket & any specialty shops like the Asian supermarket or Radical Grocery.
This week I noticed that I had a couple of recipes bookmarked from Where's The Beef so decided to make all my dinners this week from that blog.  When I went through their recipes working out what to make I had trouble narrowing it down to just a week's worth, there was so much I wanted to make!

So, day 1.  I had some tofu that needed using so I decided to make this marinade recipe to make maple marinated tofu.  This marinade is so, so delicious! I am definitely making it again.   It was a super quick, easy & tasty way to cook tofu & I just had it with some steamed vegies - yum.

6 comments:

  1. I've seen a maple marinade a few times now and this really looks so good. I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cindy and Michael's recipes - wish I got around to trying more - love the Where's the Beef Week - look forward to hearing more - that tofu looks great - I need some good marinade recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we should have a potluck where everyone has to make something from someone else's blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph - That is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea! I should probably do a Where's The Beef month, as I have so many recipes of theirs bookmarked that I've never tried...

    Enjoy the maternity leave while you can, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, shucks - glad you've found our blog to be a useful resource. :-) This recipe is a real blast from the past, posted in 2006!

    And I LOVE the idea of a "someone else's blog" potluck! We could do it Secret Santa style so that everyone involved has their own stuff featured by someone else. Or, if there's interest beyond Melbourne, a blog event...?

    ReplyDelete