Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mini Crustless Tofu Quiches

Johanna made a version of these for a potluck ages ago & I didn't try them but bookmarked the recipe intending on making them one day.  Well, fast forward 8ish months & that day finally came.  I really liked these.  I followed the recipe from FatFreeVegan Kitchen but used corn instead of mushrooms.  Like Johanna, I also found them very moist but I was possibly impatient & didn't cook them for long enough, but they still tasted good!  I had them both hot & cold & both were good.

5 comments:

  1. I havent made quiche for ages, i think the last one I tried was inspired by the fatfreevegan recipe too. Yum!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan has some absolutely wonderful recipes on her website. I've tried a 3 or 4 of them and have liked all of the dishes. Susan's website is the first vegan website I visited. I haven't tried these, but they look great. I'm putting them on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made Johanna's quiches after that potluck! Totally yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. now I want to try these again and see if they can be made so they are not too soggy - though I think this is partly the nature of the quiche! love the cupcake papers - they look v cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are the silicone cupcake holders, I have heart shaped & round!

    ReplyDelete