Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chickpea & mushroom sausages

Last time I went to Costco I bought a slab of tins of chickpeas and lamented how much my life has changed because it doesn't seem like that long ago that I used to buy slabs of beer.  Anyway, now that I have a cupboard full of chickpeas I am always on the look out for chickpea recipes so when I came across this mushroom & sausage recipe on Food.com (which used to be recipezaar).  I am completely aware that this is not the most attractive looking meal, but it was really good.  I had these with mashed potatoes, steamed vegies & made the world's easiest miso gravy to go with it, it is literally just miso paste & water & tastes really good.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, I love miso so that does sound really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are into bangers and mash a lot lately so I should try this recipe (and wonder what will happen to my recipezaar links!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these on Thursday night - so good! We had the leftovers on bread rolls last night & I think they were even better. I'm going to make up a big batch & freeze some so we always have a few on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an awesome dinner, thanks for linking to the sausage recipe, I HAVE to try them!

    ReplyDelete