Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Veganomicon Spicy Peanut & Eggplant Soup

I seem to have been making lots of recipes from Veganomicon lately & with a big eggplant needing to be used up & not too many other vegies I decided to make the Spicy Peanut & Eggplant Soup. 

This is quite easy & I love any recipe where you end up with meltingly soft eggplant because it is about my favourite thing ever.  It is pretty rich though because of the peanut butter but that isn't always such a bad thing!  I left out the spring onions, green beans & chilli because I didn't have any & I didn't peel the eggplant because I thought it would be unnecessary.  I was also planning on making naan to have with it (which would have gone really well) but ended up having a lazy day so just served some warmed, nuttelexed turkish bread alongside it.

A good, easy recipe for a yummy, rich soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment