Monday, May 10, 2010

Soulfood Cafe

There has been a bit of debate amongst my friends as to whether I should celebrate Mother's Day this year or not.  Given that I  am 8 months pregnant I say yes, luckily Greg agreed (after some convincing) & bought me a present & also took me out to breakfast to anywhere of my choice the day after as he had an RDO.  I decided to go to Soulfood as we don't often get to go there since he works Monday to Saturday & they don't open on Sundays.

We both had the Monster Vegan breakfast, as also blogged about by Steph here.  It costs $15.80 & consists of 2 pieces multigrain sourdough toast, scrambled tofu, mushrooms, tomato, spinach, hash browns & tomato kusundi.  This is a massive breakfast!  I couldn't finish mine & still had to come home & have a nap afterwards, didn't have lunch & am still not very hungry for dinner.  I love the scrambled tofu here but the serving size is verrrrrry generous & because the tofu is very full flavoured it can get a little bit too much..  I also love the mushrooms here, I have a bit of an aversion to mushrooms at the moment but really enjoyed these.  I didn't love the hash browns (although Greg did), I just found them a bit bland although they were nice & crunchy.  This breakfast used to come with rice cake things which I loved & preferred to the hash browns.  And, although I have taken it off my plate in the photo, you do get a little dish of nuttelex for your toast.

All in all it is a good value & very tasty breakfast, but don't plan on eating again for awhile afterwards..


Soulfood Cafe
273 Smith Street
Fitzroy  VIC  3065
www.soulfoodcafe.com.au

1 comment:

  1. Ohh that breaky looks SO good! When we go to Victoria next I so want to go there.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete