Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Veganomicon Seitan Cutlets

I recently made the seitan cutlets from Veganomican for the first time.  Normally if I make seitan I use a recipe where you simmer them for about an hour then leave them to cool in the cooking liquid for about another hour so it is quite a long process.  This recipe us a lot quicker & I found them really tasty.  I am a big fan of the chickpea cutlets & these are quite similar so I will definitely make them again.

The recipe made six cutlets so we had them three different ways.  I make sandwiches for Greg to take to work everyday so two went into sandwiches for him.

I felt like eating roast potatoes so with two other cutlets we had them pan fried with roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, steamed beans & VWAV punk rock chickpea gravy.  It was not so pretty, but we both really enjoyed this, a perfect cold weather meal!


For the last two cutlets I decided to make another recipe from Veganomicon which was the 'Seitan Piccata wtih Olives & Green Beans'.  I pretty much completely followed the recipe except it calls for shallots which I didn't have so I used thinly sliced red onion instead.  This meal was another winner - easy to make & really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment