Friday, May 7, 2010

Chocolate Melting Moments

So I am now on maternity leave which is why I actually have free time for the first time in a long time & can blog regularly.  The best things about maternity leave (besides the whole not working thing) are being able to catch up with people on weekdays who don't work regular Monday to Friday hours and having time to cook more.  My mum is a high school teacher but only works 3 days a week so she came over recently for afternoon tea so I baked the chocolate melting moment biscuits from the book 'Vegan Indulgence'.  The biscuit dough is very, very dry to the point that I really wanted to add some soy milk but didn't and I had some trouble rolling them so they ended up huge!  The recipe says that it makes 20 sandwiched biscuits, I made 10 enormous biscuits.  They are very yummy though but disappeared way too fast given how few I made.

6 comments:

  1. I love these but I have the same problem with the dough! It's really dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that if I make them again I will add a little bit of soy milk which I think will make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! You know it is getting close when you go on maternity leave!

    Your melting moments look delish. I don't have this cook book, but I might try goggling it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that googling it.

    I don't think I will get far if I goggle it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy your baking time and hope you might have a few leftovers in the freezer for when you have less time and energy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tahn - It is just a little book from Aduki but it is quite good!

    Johanna - I should probably start thinking about cooking & freezing since there isn't too long to go now!

    ReplyDelete