You Will Need:
- 4 red capsicums
- Olive oil for cooking
- 6 tomatoes, halved
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red chilli
- 250–500 ml (1–2 cups) vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Rub capsicums with oil. Place in a baking tray and roast until skins blister, approx 30 minutes.
- Put tomatoes, onion, chilli and garlic in another baking tray, toss with oil, salt and pepper and roast at the same temperature until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard seeds and skins from tomatoes and capsicum.
- Puree the tomato, capsicum, onion, garlic and chilli with cooking juices. Pass through a sieve.
- Place puree into a saucepan and add enough stock to bring soup to a good consistency.
- Bring soup to the boil. Check seasoning.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve.