Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pies

We are pretty fond of pies in my household, particularly Greg - although strangely he does not really like Funky Pies whereas I really like them. Recently I was at Radical Grocery at around lunchtime & decided to get myself a Funky Pie, I had the Chic n Cheezy (I think that is what it is called as it isn't on the website). It is filled with a thick cheesy sauce with 'chickeny' soy protein chunks & broccoli - delicious!!!



Greg is more of a fan of La Panella mushroom pies & we had some for dinner recently with a salad with a delicious dressing made from roasted capsicum & mayo. La Panella pies are super cheap & easy when you don't really want to cook.


4 comments:

  1. I love vegan pies!!! I work at Melbourne Uni food co-op and we got given some Funky Pies by the promoters and they were delicious. My favourite was the one with shitake mushroom that was just like mock meat from Vincent's. But we didn't choose to sell them, they come from sydney so that's a lot of food miles for a pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh yummy! I haven't been to La Panella yet but I adore funky pies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try the La Panella pies because I've had all of the Funky Pies several times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a special run across to Preston on Monday just to get La Panella pies for lunch! I agree with Greg - La Panella over Funky !

    ReplyDelete