Ingredients (makes 4 large servings)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 3/4 cup tomato passata
- 4 cups hot massel chicken stock
- Half an eggplant
- Semi dried tomatoes chopped
- Olives chopped roughly
- Artichoke hearts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof dish (that has a lid) on the stovetop over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, eggplant and garlic and cook, stirring until soft. Add the olives & semi dried tomatoes.
- Add the rice and stir.
- Add the passata, bring to the boil then add the hot stock.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Stir once during cooking.
- Top with artichokes & rocket.