Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weekend lunch - warm soba noodle salad


A couple of months ago I had a meeting at the Como in South Yarra & for my lunch they made me a soba noodle salad. It was so, so delicious & I have tried to recreate it a couple of times but just can't quite get it right. This, however, was really tasty & a great weekend lunch. I didn't measure the ingredients so the measurements are very approximate, I pretty much just keep tasting the dressing as I am going & when stop adding more when it is tasting good.

* Soba noodles (I used those organic ones that have 3 portions in a pack & I used 1.5 portions for the 2 of us)
* Broccoli florets from about 1/2 a broccoli
* 1 carrot sliced
* 1/2 red capsicum sliced
* Handful of baby spinach leaves
* Peanuts

Dressing
* 1 tsp garlic
* 1 tsp ginger
* 4 tbsp soy sauce
* 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
* 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 2 tsp sweet soy sauce

Mix all the dresing ingredients in a large bowl
Boil the noodles according to the directions on the packet (mine took 4 minutes)
Add the carrot the boiling water after 1 minute, then add the broccoli when there is only about a minute to go
Drain vegies & noodles
Add the drained noodles & vegies to the dressing, along with the raw red capsicum & mix thoroughly
Place the baby spinach in the bottom of 2 serving bowls
Top with the noodle mix
Top the noodle mix with chopped peanuts (I also topped with veg seaweed/sesame floss because I had some in the cupboard & it is really yummy)

No comments:

Post a Comment