Saturday, July 18, 2009

Creamy mushroom pasta

I don't think I have had a creamy pasta since I have been vegan & I didn't eat it a whole lot in my pre-gan days but I had some tofutti cream cheese in the fridge & half a kilo of mushrooms so thought I would give it a go. It was really tasty, it would probably be a bit too much to eat a big bowl of it on its own, but it was really nice to have a sereve with some yummy salad.

Creamy mushroom pasta
I made 4 smallish serves with this

6-8 button mushrooms sliced (I also had a jar of aldi cocktail mushrooms so I added maybe 2 tbsp of these as well)
1/2 tub tofutti cream cheese
2 tsp garlic
1/2 onion diced
1 tsp stock powder
olive oil
soy milk
cooked pasta of your choice

  • Boil water & put your pasta on to cook & when ready set aside with a little bit of the cooking water
  • Saute onion in a little bit of olive oil until soft
  • Add mushrooms & garlic & cook down until soft
  • Add cream cheese & stock powder & mix together, season as required
  • My pasta wasn't ready so I left my mushrooms in the frying pan on low & when they dried out added a couple of tablespoons of soy milk
  • Add the cooked pasta to the sauce with a little bit of the cooking water (like 2 teaspoons) & mix all together
I served this with a salad of rocket, avocado & roasted tomato which I drizzled with a balsamic glaze.

Apologies for the dodgy photo - I was hungry & didn't want to wait for it to cool down!

No comments:

Post a Comment