Monday, July 6, 2009

Pizza

Everyone loves a pizza night! On weekends I usually cook things which I can take my time with & which is a bit more fun than the usual tofu & roasted vegies that we have during the week. Pizza is a perfect weekend meal for me because I can make everything from scratch & it is kinda junk food.
I made 2 pizzas, one was this one from Yeah that vegan shit & oh my lord was it good!! I would say that it is the best pizza I have ever eaten! I did make my own base & my own pesto though which I think makes a huge difference & I used the cheezley edam "cheese". Sadly my camera died so I have no photos. The second pizza was more traditional & this was the one that the boyfriend preferred. It featured a tomato sauce, mushrooms, olives & tvp meatballs from this recipe. The base I used was this, very easy to make & works really well:

Pizza dough
  • 8g sachet dried yeast
  • pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon caster sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups plain flour
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

  1. Make pizza dough Combine 200ml warm water, yeast, salt and sugar in a jug. Stir with a fork. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add yeast mixture and oil and mix to form a soft dough.
  2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until elastic. Cut into quarters. Roll each piece out to an 18cm (diameter) round. Brush edges with water. (Personally I have issues rolling dough into round shapes so mine was more of an abstract rectangle than a round circle)

Yum, I love pizza night!

No comments:

Post a Comment